Floor Cleaning and Maintenance
Thank you for choosing Frontz Hardwood Flooring to complete the flooring work in your home. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you on this project and trust that you will enjoy your new floors for years to come. Here are a few notes about the care, cleaning, and future maintenance for your new hardwood floors:
- Please wait a minimum of 48 hours before returning furniture to your floors.
- Lift and set furniture in place; do not slide furniture on a fresh finish.
- The floor finish takes 10 to 14 days to fully cure, so please be a little extra careful with the finish for the first two weeks after completion.
- Keep large pets off the floor for at least 72 hours after completion.
- Do not put rugs on the floors for at least two weeks. This allows the finish to cure before being covered and also helps to minimize color change under the rugs.
- Clean floors with Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner only (available anywhere cleaning products are sold). This cleaner leaves no residue and allows for recoating of floors in the future.
We also recommend taking a look at the floors every three to five years to inspect for areas of surface wear. When this occurs, we offer a cleaning and recoating process that helps to eliminate light scratches and keeps your floors looking great for a longer period of time.